Thursday, August 01, 2002

Summer roomies

I am now in a house in Pappelallee street. I am staying here for the next month so I am getting settled in. It is a converted former government office space from the East berlin Government. There is likely nothing historic about it, other than the fact that hundreds of people were probably frustrated about the length of time it took to get passports here. It is right near a U-bahn station. That is like a subway in New York, only far less complicated, and it always takes at least 3 to get to where you need to go. I have about 6 other people who live here. I think I met all of them. We had some wine and conversation last night, though I am scared I wasn't being friendly to all of them. I was a bit tired, and I am still a bit shy. I will try harder today.