Sunday, November 03, 2002

Party in SoHo

Last night I went to one of these SoHo parties (On West Houston) that was right out of Zoolanders or a Bret Easton Ellis novel, complete with trust-fund babies, celebrety suck-ups, and people walking around asking each other "are you famous?". It was fun though. It was a Halloween thing and I of course was not in costume. Neither were the 4 people I came with. I was there with "M", "S", "Y" and "S". I have known "M" for long time, and it was good to see him. There was a lot of free Campari, and other bad booze. someone dressed as Winona Rider complete with the Winona hair, "Free Winona" shirt, handcuffs, and a Sacks Fifth Avenue bag took first place for costume. For a party with a suggested donation of ten bucks, we did OK.

Before that we ate at some resturant in TriBeCa (on Varick and North Moore) that was really good, but whose name I forgot, with the same people. I had the Cesar salad and some Jack and Coke, but everything that everyone had looked really good. After the party it was off to some other bar in TriBeCa, for beer, and then a 5 AM return to Williamsburg where I slept.