Sunday, November 17, 2002

Indian food

Today it was raining lightly, but in a most annoying way in New York. I had Lunch with "R" at Pongol on 28th and Lexington. (He paid.) The food was good. I had one of those Indian-named things like Masalla Mysore Dosa with Lassi and Sweet Chutni, or something like that. I am really getting to like it, but I still have no idea what I order. I am greatful that most of these places do not serve anything that used to be alive, or I would really be in trouble. It is the fact that it is so spicy that often gets to me. I often find myself drinking tons of water withyevery meal. There were many children there today. I am not sure why. Perhaps it is related to Diwali, and more families going out to eat? It could just be that I usually do not go on Sundays, and I am not used to the Sunday crowd.

Eventually I made my way to Brooklyn and had dinner with some family there, and "A-" and "K" came by to say hello. I will stay here for the night, and see if I can get some sleep.