Monday, July 01, 2002

So for those of you who want a travel update, I now have all my tickets arranged, and "I" will be picking me up from the airport in Frankfurt when I get there. Then he will drive me to Heidelberg, where I will spend a good 10 days or so, mostly courtesy of "H". "H" is the nicest guy, though he scared the hell out of me when I was in Heidelberg last summer. He is like huge, and I first encountered him shouuting is the angriest possible tone at me and "I" when we were walking down the street on a tour of the ritzy section of Heidelberg. "I" immediately recognized him and cracked up, but I did not and it took me a minute to realize that he was speaking German (which I barely understand) and kidding with "I". But it really turns out that he is the nicest most friendly guy you could ever meet. We had lunch and shmoozed for a while. I look forward to seeing him again. I am actually looking forward to seeing "S" again too. I think I had a crush on her once, but she had (and still has) a boyfriend (same guy). I am also looking forward to seeing "N" again. We met my last time there, but I never stayed in touch becauseI am just too shy that way.

No comments: