Tuesday, February 18, 2003

Not in my freaking name

If you are like me, you are still getting all these emails and articles and analysis addressing and analyzing the fallout of the the protest this past Saturday. I was not there, of course. I was not there because I do not oppose the war. However there were all these shits from my university who were there marching under the banner of my university. Not in my freaking name. I can't believe that people would protest in my name. It was bad enough that the official posters said something like "the world says no to war". I DO NOT SAY "NO" TO WAR. I support the decision of my country. I am really tempted to get school T-Shirts and sew American flags on them and write something like "We Support Bush".

Anyway, as I understand it, the whole thing did not have any impact on our troop morale. That is good. If there are any military personel out there reading this, I hope they realize that they are protecting our right to protest, and even our rights to say stupid things. That is democracy.