Thursday, February 06, 2003

Mitzvah Tance and Shoes

I have been preoccupied lately with the events of a cousin's wedding and my own work. I am doing too much in too little time. The wedding was OK. There was a badchan at the mitzvah tance. He sucked. I think I mentioned this once before, but someone ought to study these badchans. This guy was half in English and half Yiddish, with a bit of Hebrew thrown in for good measure. He was British, and his humor was just stupid.

Today I bought some shoes, and I have got to tell you that I am not looking forward to breaking them in. That is one of the most unplesant tasks I can think of. I once heard that in medieval times or something, rich people would pay others to break in their shoes for them. That has got to be up there with the worlds worst jobs.