Saturday, June 15, 2002

So here is something that sucks. You want to visit a foreign country or different city or whatever. So you email your one of your few old girlfriends who doesn't hate you and still lives there, and ask if you can crash at her place for a few days. That was my big plan.

So I called "Z", and asked if I can stay at her place in Jerusalem. Turns out she has a new boyfriend. Now I am really happy for her. Really. Lord knows she should be with someone who wasn't me. We got along well in some ways, but were were just not suited in all ways. Fine. (She is still the esserest;)

But now I am a bit stuck. I was hoping that I could stay there. Now even if she says it is OK, I'd really feel odd. I really don't want to step on the boyfriend's toes or anything. (Guys can be jealous sometimes, and it just wouldn't be right.) So I have to have contingincy arrangements. I am working on them.

This, by the way is the first of many installments of problems that make up my excellent summer adventure. You will hear much more of this later.

No comments: