Sunday, June 23, 2002

"L" (Of L's law) and I went to eat lunch at Odessa, the restaurant on Ave. A and around 7th Street. The food is usually pretty good, and just a touch abouve standard diner fare.

I love diners, by the way. In the same neighborhood, Alice's (from A and 2nd) closed, and there is something new there. Leshko's is now an expensive ritzy place that I would never set foot in again, and there is Stingy Lulu's on A and St. Mark's, which I have gone to less and less over the years, but is still a pretty good place to be. It needs a bit of upkeep.

Yaffa, which is on the same block, is my favorite. It is sort of a diner, but more of a cafe. more about it later.

Then I had dinner with "Y" and some of his friends at his place in Brooklyn. My social life has been picking up a bit these days. Well, at least I am spending time with Friends.

No comments: