Friday, August 19, 2005

Tonight at Housing Works

I went with nyreads to our third concert this summer at housing works. I was bored to tears this time. There were three acts: First was Sonya Kitchell. OK, she wasn't so bad. She has a lot of maturing to do, but I see some talent and potential. Then came Blondfire, who was pretty dull. She had a good vioce, but I was half asleep most of the time. The main act was Charlie Sexton who frankly sucked. Some of the songs sounded like he made them up that morning, and his playing was rather ordinary. I was very disapointed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Worst of all you had to pay $25. I don't mind free bad music, I can always leave and complain about it afterwards. But bad music that hurts my pocketbook....man, what a slap!

Joclyn said...

Charlie Sexton was on FUV tonight and was excellent.
I've never really associated you with "taste in music" before. ;-)