Friday, March 25, 2005

Purim

So I started out with a sort of fast on Ta'anit Esther where I just had a lot of coffee. OK, so that technically is not fasting unless you are Catholic, but that is just how things worked out. I did not really have time to eat.

"A-" and I heard Megillah in the Spanish and Portuguese Synagogue and then had some pizza and then did the Daf.

We then went to Crobar where there was this huge party with lots of people and an optional Megillah reading at midnight. "C" was there, as was "Y" and his wife. I met a former student "E" and a "A-"'s cousin "S". I mostly drank and danced. It was fun. I got home at around 5AM and woke up in the morning and went to a Purim meal at my parents' house.

Happy Purim.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Another overeducated-Broolkyn Jew-with-lots-of-free-time-on-his-hands-friend-of-mine just started a Blog. He is as liberal as Karl is conservative. Going back and forth between Karl’s Blog and Clockwork Nathaniel’s, as he likes to call himself, should be kind of like switching between 770am and 1190am on the radio dial. He is also pretty funny.

Check it out at http://aclockworknathaniel.blogspot.com/