Tuesday, September 11, 2007

9/11

So much has been going on in the past few weeks that I really have not had much time to write. I went from Georgia to Virginia. I am now in TBOLC. I have a lot to say about BOLC II and TBOLC, much of it is not very nice, but I'll save that for another time. There have been ups and downs but now we are getting in to a routine, and we're doing something that can be construed as learning about out actual function in the military.

But today is September 11, and to be honest, I didn't do much to commemorate it. Neither did my neck of the army.

I'll have to write some more soon when I have more time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Living on an AFB, I thought we'd have something here to commemorate. But as far as I know we didn't. Which is odd because there's something like 160,000 service men and women in Iraq right now because of 9/11.

Maybe career military folks figure that it doesn't matter why they're there-- it's a 'shut up, be there, and do the job' mindset. I'm stumped.

To commemorate I did the same thing that I do every year, read stories about some of those who lost their lives.

Anyway, glad to hear things are starting to make a tiny bit of sense with your training. As far as I can tell, the things the military asks its people to do rarely makes sense.

--Shosh

littlerosesmommy said...

I know it's unrelated, but Shana Tova. A good year for you and your family.
From Jennifer and Ephraim