Sunday, February 22, 2004

Presidents and their military records

I find it so odd that all of a sudden a president's military record is important to the Democrats. Kerry and friends are attacking Bush for joining the National Guard, while Kerry, a "real American" was in Vietnam. When Clinton, a draft dodger, was running, the democrats were saying over and over how much the whole thing does not matter, and George Bush Senior's war-hero military record is completely irrelevant. The Republicans never played up the military angle, not even under Bush Sr. or Bob Dole. I wonder why. I guess that for them it is no big deal, or perhaps they really do not feel like exploiting it. Sometimes, like under W, it would work to their disadvantage.

I think that participating in the military is important, though not a vital asset in a president. I wish everyone can be consistent.

No comments: