Thursday, May 22, 2003

Shipping out

Those of you who know me, and those of you who are following my life know that I did something very out of character and joined the US Army Reserves. Because of something or other that I really don't understand, I am being forced to ship out a day earlier than I expected. I will be leaving in about an hour and a half for Fort Knox Kentucky to start basic combat training. This takes about nine or ten weeks.

I managed to finish all my work and get together a lot of the stuff I had to get to ship out. I do not have an address yet, but you can leave messages here, and I'l try to read them as I can.

I have no idea what to expect, as I know no one who was in the army here. But I do know that I like my country and I am prepared to take up my share of the common defense.

So, you can expect to hear from me sporadically for now, but I will resume in earnest come mid-August.

I will probably not have much internet access, and I will not get a chance to write much, but I will be back in mid-August and I will write whenever I can to give you the latest.