Sunday, September 21, 2003

Of Models, Movies, and Italians

On Friday I met "I", an old friend whom I have not seen in over 3 years for coffee in Bryant Park. It is fashion week now, and so there were all these models walking around. I also discovered that there is a tiny library that consists of a couple of carts of book that are loaned out to people hanging out in the park.

Then I walked to grand central. There was a cool AMC exhibit featuring all these movie clips and 3D art pieces built around them. It was a cool 10 minute exhibit there.

Yesterday, I met some people and we went to the festival of San Genaro in Little Italy. It was crowded but fun. It was good to see that most of the people were not Italian, not that there is something wrong with being Italian, but rather that there were so many other New Yorkers and tourists there. The festival celebrates some Italian Saint. I understand that the festival has a long history, much of it unpretty with stories of corruption and the like in its past. But it is supposed to be much better now.